Date : Thursday 16 March 2017
Time : 08H30 for 09h00 – 12h30, followed by light lunch
Where: West Campus Presentation Room, Old Mutual head office, Pinelands.
Click here for directions
WATER CRISIS – By popular demand, the City’s Water Services Department will explain the current water shortage, what the City is doing, and what is required from business in Cape Town. A new water rating system for companies will also be introduced.
WOOLWORTHS RETAIL CASE STUDY– The Woolworths Palmyra store in Claremont is the first retail outlet in South Africa to achieve a 5-star Green Star SA rating for Existing Building Performance Custom Tenants from GBCSA. Justin Smith will share their water and energy efficiency initiatives.
MAYOR’S NEW TOP ENERGY AND WATER COUNCILLOR – Cllr Xanthea Limberg is the new Mayoral Committee member for water, energy, waste and informal settlement issues. She’ll speak about the water crisis, and City’s new Energy Directorate and its proposed programme for the next few years.
NATIONAL POLICY INPUTS NEEDED -The Department of Energy currently have important policies out for comment- the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and Integrated Energy Plan (IEP) by end March 2017 and the Post-2015 National Energy Efficiency Strategy by end February 2016. These will be discussed.
PROPOSALS TO BROADEN THE 12L TAX INCENTIVE – SANEDI will share their proposals for alternative, cheaper M&V (dubbed ‘M&V Lite’) for the current 12L tax break, which could make it feasible for more commercial buildings. Give your input before it goes to National Treasury.
- City of Cape Town – policy issues, and electricity & water consumption and small-scale embedded generation levels.
- Earth Hour – annual event on Saturday 25 March this year
- Greencape – new CEO/CFO briefing tool for energy management and solar PV
- SANEDI –National energy service company (ESCo) register being established
- GBCSA– including new Green Star SA Community tool for precinct scale
There is no attendance fee. Light finger lunch will be served.
– SITE TOUR: Mutual Park – In 2016 Old Mutual’s Mutual Park building in Pinelands won the EE Forum Award in the Large Building Retrofit category. Its annual saving of about 6 470 MWh is due to a comprehensive set of operational and behavioral changes, including rewarding its staff for saving. A new solar PV installation will save them more. Khiyam Fredericks will be your host. Only 20 places available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend. Preference will be given to owners and managers of buildings.
To RSVP email email@example.com or call Busiswa Galada on (021) 487-2022.
REGISTER to become an Energy Efficiency Forum member, if you’re not already- subscribe here.